Estate, Gift & Trust
Realize Your Legacy
It is never too early to think about estate planning. Regardless of the size of your estate, you need to consider the most tax efficient and thoughtful way to transfer your assets to ensure that your family and financial goals are met. Realize can assist you in creating, implementing and maintaining a comprehensive estate and gifting plan that is customized for your own unique goals and values. Realize has worked with generations of clients and has extensive knowledge and experience in assisting clients to create a holistic plan for even the most complex of situations.
Our clients in this area include:
- Multi-generational Families: We assist families in passing assets to multiple generations and creating a plan which maintains their values throughout generations.
- Venture Capitalists and Private Equity Principals: We assist venture capitalists and private equity principals in taking advantage of the unique gifting opportunities available with their assets.
- Entrepreneurs & Investors: We integrate the unique gifting opportunities available to entrepreneurs with income tax planning to maximize transfers while maintaining possible tax savings.
- Executives: We assist in creating a comprehensive plan for gifting company stock and advise regarding tax-sensitive diversification strategies.
“How can I pass on my wealth in a tax efficient and thoughtful manner?”
Comprehensive Estate and Gift Tax Planning
- Gifting strategies for complex assets
- Cash flow models
- Multi-generational planning
- Sub-trust funding strategies related to liquidity events
- Utilizing discounts to maximize wealth transfer
“How can I structure my charitable giving to maximize the tax benefits?”
- Private Foundations
- Charitable trusts
“Trusts seem so complex – how can they be a useful tool?”
Executing and Maintaining Trusts
- Coordination with your advisory team
- One page summaries of all entities
- Detailed trust & estate accountings
- Trustee services
“What is the best way that I can contribute to my children’s and grandchildren’s education?”
Funding Your Children’s Education
- 529 college savings plans
- Educational trusts
- Direct payments to educational institutions
“What are the filing requirements for Estate, Gift & Trust?”
- Estate, Gift & Trust tax returns
- Integration with estate, gift and income tax planning
- Multistate compliance and planning
- Representation before taxing authorities