Realize your Future
Professionals come to Realize for a number of reasons and with a wide variety of experiences. Many of our staff accountants have come to the firm directly after graduating from some of the best university accounting programs. Others have joined us from other firms or have come to accounting from completely different career paths. Our current team even includes a former chef who has made successful moves to this profession.
Jill Lervold, one of our senior partners says, “Our firm culture of collaboration requires that we have people who can build good relationships with each other as team members and with our clients. Our partners and associates know that a successful client relationship is based as much on the ability to interact with people as what appears on the bottom line. It’s incredibly rewarding to be able to work with professionals who I respect, who are passionate, and with whom I have shared values.”
Beyond day-to-day responsibilities, team members at Realize are encouraged to continue to grow via a mentor program and are actively involved in various aspects of the firm through working groups called “pods” (ex. Training, Rewards, Health). The firm also offers the opportunity for continuing education in related fields.
Where We’re From
Realize is committed to recruiting top-tier accounting graduates. We frequently attend career fairs and events at University of San Francisco, California State University East Bay, Sonoma State, and many other colleges in the region. In addition to these, Realize team members have graduated from a variety of schools. Many of our professionals are also pursuing advanced degrees at Golden Gate University in San Francisco. Drop us an email to email@example.com with your information and we’ll let you know when we’re coming to your school. Even if we don’t have your school on our schedule, we may add it to our roster.
Why Choose Realize?
Our people are friendly and eager to help you succeed and adapt. We will give you support and get you immediately involved with clients and staff so the transition from student to accounting professional is smooth. You will get direct involvement with Managers and Partners while working on interesting projects, which will accelerate your transition and learning process.
Realize understands that our people are fundamental to our success. Our professionals work hard during our April and October busy seasons; however, during the balance of the year, most professionals work 40 hour weeks. In addition to health, dental and vision benefits, we also provide a comprehensive list of other benefits such as:
- Paid overtime for staff employees
- CPA exam incentives and benefits
- Continuing educational assistance
- Gym memberships
- Commuter assistance
- Flexible work environment
- Profit sharing contributions
At Realize, we also enjoy many firm-wide social and team-building events throughout the year which include retreats, holiday parties, baseball games, community events and a favorite for all – our busy season table tennis tournament.
What does this Means For You?
Realize offers you an exciting career path, great people to work with, training, opportunity and a leadership team dedicated to helping you achieve your personal career goals. If you are interested in joining our team, please download our application, fill out and email it back to us with your resume and cover letter by clicking here.
Current Job Openings
Prepare individual, fiduciary, partnership, and corporate tax returns. Work effectively with internal team members and clients to provide exceptional client service.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration\Accounting, and progress towards CPA license.
- Basic knowledge of tax regulations. Proficiency in use of tax and accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Ability to work on multiple engagements or projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. The ability to develop positive relationships with clients and work well with others on the team is essential.
This position is full-time and includes excellent salary and benefits packages, 17 days of personal time off (PTO), medical, dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement and more.
Maintains records according to generally accepted accounting principles, ensuring quality tax services, accounting and consulting work for the firm’s clients, in compliance with tax regulations and GAAP. Further, he\she is responsible for building positive client relationships and providing exceptional client service. The Tax Manager plans, budgets and organizes engagements. The Tax Manager supervises, trains, and develops the firm’s professional staff.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance, and active CPA license.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with staff and clients.
- Expert knowledge of tax regulations and GAAP.
- Expert command of tax and accounting software including ProSystem fx Tax and Engagement, computer spreadsheet applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Ability to work on multiple projects.
- Excellent management skills in developing high performing teams, and maintaining positive client relations.
This position is full-time and includes excellent salary and benefits packages, 20 days of personal time off (PTO), medical, dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and more.